About Me

I started training for my last triathlon last year because my New Year's goal was to "step outside my comfort zone," and I figured, what's more outside my comfort zone than a triathlon? I was a compentent swimmer, in that, I wouldn't drown under normal circumstances, hadn't biked since I was ten, and while I had run cross country in high school, even then, I was one of the slowest runners on the team. Well, in finishing my first triathlon, I discovered not only a new hobby/addiction, but a lot about myself. What follows are my ramblings about what I've found.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy National Running Day!

I run because...I like to eat
I run because...it's cheaper than therapy
I run because...cross country was the only sport in high school that didn't require a tryout
I run because...I want to look good in a bathing suit
I run because...it makes me feel strong
I run because...it's my "me" time
I run because...I like to push myself
I run because...I like to be outside

I run because I need to.

Whatever compels you to run, get out there today and have a great run!

No comments:

Post a Comment